Telemedicine appointments at Diabetes and Endocrine Center of Orlando are perfect to help patients who canâ€™t make it to an office location. As long as you have an internet connection, telemedicine (or â€œvirtual appointmentâ€) will allow you to have a video-based appointment with one of our providers.Â
All telemedicine appointments use HIPAA-compliant software and protocols to ensure your personal health information is protected, just as it would be if you were in the office.
- Visit with one of our providers face-to-face from anywhereÂ
- Save time and reduce healthcare costsÂ
- Eliminates commuting and travel frustrations
Experience the convenience, flexibility and real-time care telemedicineÂ can offer with our providers
How Does Telemedicine at Diabetes and Endocrine Center of Orlando Work?
Telemedicine can be delivered using video-conferencing, audio communication, and/or text messaging using mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers.
Youâ€™ll schedule a telemedicine appointment the same way you would an in-person appointment, only youâ€™ll indicate youâ€™d like the appointment to be telemedicine-based.
To use telemedicine:
- Youâ€™ll be sent a link to â€œvisitâ€ our office
- Click the link several minutes before your appointment
- Be prepared to be on camera with your physician and support staff (such as a medical assistant or nurse)
- Have a reliable, stable internet connection
- Have any documentation and/or photos necessary ready to upload