Telemedicine appointments at Diabetes and Endocrine Center of Orlando are perfect to help patients who can’t make it to an office location. As long as you have an internet connection, telemedicine (or “virtual appointment”) will allow you to have a video-based appointment with one of our providers.
All telemedicine appointments use HIPAA-compliant software and protocols to ensure your personal health information is protected, just as it would be if you were in the office.
- Visit with one of our providers face-to-face from anywhere
- Save time and reduce healthcare costs
- Eliminates commuting and travel frustrations
Experience the convenience, flexibility and real-time care telemedicine can offer with our providers
How Does Telemedicine at Diabetes and Endocrine Center of Orlando Work?
Telemedicine can be delivered using video-conferencing, audio communication, and/or text messaging using mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers.
You’ll schedule a telemedicine appointment the same way you would an in-person appointment, only you’ll indicate you’d like the appointment to be telemedicine-based.
To use telemedicine:
- You’ll be sent a link to “visit” our office
- Click the link several minutes before your appointment
- Be prepared to be on camera with your physician and support staff (such as a medical assistant or nurse)
- Have a reliable, stable internet connection
- Have any documentation and/or photos necessary ready to upload